Nicola Yoon, the #1 New York Times Bestselling author of two books Everything Everything and The Sun is Also a Star, is this week’s featured guest.
Everything Everything has been adapted into a movie, which is in theaters right now, and I had a chance to talk to Nicola about the book and the movie at the Mom 2.0 Summit.
One of the things I thought was so interesting about Everything Everything is that even though it is a Young Adult book, it was inspired by a very common feeling parents have after having a baby. Nicola shares what that feeling was in our conversation. We also talk about the movie reflecting the book and about her new book The Sun is Also a Star, which was influenced by her Jamaican roots.
Nicola and I at the Mom 2.o Summit
Links from this Episode:
- Nicola Yoon’s Website
- Everything Everything on Amazon
- The Sun is Also a Star on Amazon
- Everything Everything on IMDB
Don’t forget to subscribe to the ParentNormal Comedy Podcast on iTunes or Sticher if you’re an Android user to hear every episode of the ParentNormal Comedy Podcast, including the top 30 parenting fails shared on the podcast, which were counted down in episodes 61, 62 & 63. You can also follow ParentNormal on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Now Available on Amazon.com:
- Perfect Parenting: A Complete History
- The ParentNormal Crash Course: Everything Traditional Parenting Books Are Afraid to Tell You About Close Encounters of the Baby, Toddler and Third-Year Kind