My guest this week is one of my favorite all-time comedians, Nick Thune. This isn’t a typical Breaking Down Parenting interview because this interview dates back to 2015 when this podcast was called The ParentNormal Comedy Podcast.
I wanted to share it again not just because I’m a fan of Nick Thune and he tells funny stories, but because it was the very first podcast interview I ever did, which makes it perhaps the most memorable podcast interview I’ve ever done. And if you’re a fan of this show, I thought you’d enjoy hearing how this show all started.
You can hear I’m a little bit nervous in the interview. That’s partly because it’s my first podcast interview and I’m unsure if I’m even using the recorder right. But it’s mainly because we’re talking 15 minutes before Nick’s about to go on stage and I wasn’t sure how cool he was going to be about answering my questions and opening up about his family. But as it turned out, he was very cool about it and I’ll always be grateful for it.
About Breaking Down Parenting: A ParentNormal Podcast
Breaking Down Parenting: A ParentNormal Podcast is a show that’s for imperfect parents by imperfect parents. Hosted by humorist and imperfect parent of three Chris Cate, every episode breaks down a topic that causes parents to break down, such as putting kids to bed, potty training, the terrible twos, homework, clothing, discipline, cleaning up, cooking for kids, and so on….
By the end of each topic breakdown, parents will hopefully realize they aren’t alone in their struggles and that the craziness all parents go through is actually quite funny when it’s looked at in the right light. After all, the mission of the show is to help parents laugh when they want to cry.
Connect with The ParentNormal on Social Media
Links to more episodes of Breaking Down Parenting: A ParentNormal Podcast
- Dad Stereotypes versus Reality with Simon Holland
- Raising Teen Boys with Sarcastic Mommy Lisa Munn
- Modern Parent Problems with Tara Clark from Modern Mom Problems
- Toddler Dangers: How to keep toddlers from injuring themselves and you (with Clint Edwards)
- Raising Twins with Macgill Frutchey
- Clingy Kids with Rachel Sobel
- WTF Moments of Parenthood with Serena Dorman
- Being a One and Done Parent with Amanda Pacovsky
- Tooth Fairy Duty with Julie Burton
- The Mess Kids Make with Lauren Lodder
- Sick Kids with Gila Pfeffer
- Parent Friendships with Jenna Kim Jones
- Birthday Party Planning with Jennifer Douglas from Goldfish and Chicken Nuggets
- Breaking Down Bath Time with Andy Herald from How to Be a Dad
- Parent Survival Mode with James Breakwell (Exploding Unicorn)