This week, Stephanie Jankowski, a teacher and mom of three, joins me to break down what teachers really think of their students. In our conversation, we also talk about what parents don’t realize about the job of a teacher, how teaching goes beyond what’s in a textbook, memorable stories from the classroom, parent/teacher conferences and much more.
Stephanie’s new book Schooled: A Love Letter to the Exhausting, Infuriating, Occasionally Excruciating Yet Somehow Completely Wonderful Profession of Teaching is wonderful and now available. You can find more about Stephanie and her writing on whencrazymeetsexhaustion.com and on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
About Breaking Down Parenting: A ParentNormal Podcast
Breaking Down Parenting: A ParentNormal Podcast is a show that’s for imperfect parents by imperfect parents. Hosted by humorist and imperfect parent of three Chris Cate, every episode breaks down a topic that causes parents to break down, such as putting kids to bed, potty training, the terrible twos, homework, clothing, discipline, cleaning up, cooking for kids, and so on….
By the end of each topic breakdown, parents will hopefully realize they aren’t alone in their struggles and that the craziness all parents go through is actually quite funny when it’s looked at in the right light. After all, the mission of the show is to help parents laugh when they want to cry.
Connect with The ParentNormal on Social Media
Links to more episodes of Breaking Down Parenting: A ParentNormal Podcast
- Dad Stereotypes versus Reality with Simon Holland
- Raising Teen Boys with Sarcastic Mommy Lisa Munn
- Toddler Dangers: How to keep toddlers from injuring themselves and you (with Clint Edwards)
- Clingy Kids with Rachel Sobel
- WTF Moments of Parenthood with Serena Dorman
- Being a One and Done Parent with Amanda Pacovsky
- Tooth Fairy Duty with Julie Burton
- The Mess Kids Make with Lauren Lodder
- Sick Kids with Gila Pfeffer